Able Muse Book Award Deadline Only One Week to Go & Other Updates
Able Muse Book Award Deadline - One Week to Go - and Other Updates
** ::: LAST CALL (ALMOST) -- ONLY ONE WEEK TO GO (BOOK AWARD) ::: Entry deadline is almost here --www.ablemuse.com -- **
- ABLE MUSE BOOK AWARD (Poetry manuscript) - $1000 prize, plus book publication
Blind judging by final Judge: Andrew Hudgins
Deadline: March 31, 201
New Author Books (to be released within weeks!) and Websites:
You may now reserve your copy or copies of the new books scheduled for a Spring/Summer release this year (actually, in a few weeks from now!):
- Lines of Flight - poems by Catherine Chandler
- Nevertheless - poems by Wendy Videlock
You're all invited to stop by Cathy and Wendy's brand new author websites (www.catherine-chandler.com andwww.wendyvidelock.com respectively), and sign up where indicated to reserve your copy of their forthcoming books, and be one of the first to receive news and other details of the releases.
- Also available:
Grasshopper: The Poetry of M A Griffiths, first printed in the UK by Arrowhead Press, will be reprinted and distributed in the US and Canada by Able Muse Press, and will be available in a few weeks from now. For UK and elsewhere, order from Arrowhead Press.
First Books Panel West Chester Poetry Conference, 2011:
For further good news, Cathy's and Wendy's books have been been accepted for the conference's First Books Panel, as has Magaret Griffith's book (represented by Michael Cantor). For those attending the conference, plan to stop by! And yes, the books will be out long before West Chester.
The Able Muse Anthology & Able Muse Press Panel at West Chester, 2011:
And this is exciting news! Details will follow as they become available. Meanwhile, if you haven't already done so, be sure to get your copy of the Able Muse Anthology, and the Able Muse Review, Inaugural Print Edition now, and certainly before the event.
Now available: Acclaimed new releases from Able Muse Press:
- ABLE MUSE ANTHOLOGY, Edited by Alexander Pepple, foreword by Timothy Steele.
- Appearing soon on Ted Kooser's Amerian Life in Poetry column, April Lindner's poem "Our Lady of Perpetual Help" from the Anthology.
- Able Muse, Inaugural PRINT EDITION, Winter 2010/2011, with poetry, fiction, book reviews, interviews, essays and art. Featured poet: R.P. Lister; Featured artist: Massimo Sbreni
- Appearing soon on Ted Kooser's Amerian Life in Poetry, Catherine Tufariello's poem "The Cricket in the Sump" from the Inaugural Print Edition.
(the inaugural print edition has only received rave reviews -- one after another. If you don't have your own personal copy yet, what are you waiting for!? )
Finally, an update on the Able Muse contest:
All the major phases now will be judged anonymously, notably, the selection of material to be shortlisted for blind judging by the final judges. The Able Muse editors will perform the shortlisting from submitted material I'll anonymize for their selection. So, you can submit with the expectation that the judging process will be as fair as possible.
All applicable links are at the Able Muse homepage - www.ablemuse.com
. . .Alex