Eratosphere

Eratosphere (https://www.ablemuse.com/erato/index.php)
-   The Accomplished Members (https://www.ablemuse.com/erato/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Oliver Murray Published!!! (https://www.ablemuse.com/erato/showthread.php?t=1134)

Melalope 11-03-2002 06:59 AM

Hey everyone! Oliver Murray is too modest to toot his own horn so I will do it for him!

Two of his poems that he workshopped here "Something Extra" and "At her Request" have been accepted for publication in and English Mag called Candelabrum!

His Van Gogh peice and Diving line peice are still circulating out there with a few others, and I bet they will be accepted soon. *Please tell us when they are Oliver so we can bask in the glow of your success! LOL!*

I have the feeling this is the beginning of a very prolific career in poetry for a very talented "Eratosphere" poet!

Way to go Oliver!!!

*cheers!*

Melanie

Clive Watkins 11-03-2002 07:14 AM

Bravo, Oliver! What good news! - But I am not in the least surprised!

Best wishes...

Clive

Catherine Tufariello 11-03-2002 09:28 AM

Like Clive, I'm not at all surprised by this news, but it's great to hear. Oliver, I've been enjoying your poems and knew they would find good homes. Congratulations!

David Anthony 11-03-2002 01:46 PM

Well done, Oliver.
I rate your work. Amazing, the quality of poetry coming out of Ulster, and nice to see the Proggies fighting their corner.
Candelabrum's an excellent, unpretentious mag, with some fine formalist poets, many of them not known to Erato.
Best regards,
David

Terese Coe 11-03-2002 10:01 PM

Kudos, Oliver! And many more. I'm not surprised either.

Terese

oliver murray 11-04-2002 01:28 PM

Many thanks for the kind remarks, including to Melanie who put this up before I could stop her. Seriously, thanks very much, Melanie, for your encouragement and enthusiasm.

Clive,

I’m very grateful for your good wishes and, of course, for your help and encouraging remarks about some of my stuff in the last few months. Thanks for all the help.

Catherine,

How nice to hear from you, and that you have read some of my stuff. Thank you very much for your kind remarks

David,
Thank you too for your support and encouragement, and your appreciation of some of my poems in the past, and also for your good wishes here. I’m not quite sure what Proggies are – Proddies, Provies? we’ve got those. This province has lagged a long way behind the South (I grew up in Dublin, though I was born here) for too long, but the poetry, as you say, has been coming along very well. Many thanks again.

Terese,

Many thanks, Terese, you are very kind. Since I’ve just been on this forum for the first time, I’ve read the good news about your translation and your original poem as well. Many, many congratulations, The Yeats version has been a very long term favorite of mine and, while I knew it was from a French original, I didn’t know the Ronsard and your translation is wonderful. Well done. And thank you again for your help on the metric board.

Regards to all,

Oliver.

Anthony Lombardy 11-04-2002 02:08 PM

Candelabrum is a good credit. Congratulations, Oliver! I'm sure there will be many more!

Tony

oliver murray 11-05-2002 04:52 AM

Many thanks, Tony, and for all your help and encouragement. It's a start, anyway. Here's hoping.!

btw I will be away for a couple of weeks from today, so if anyone else looks in here, please forgive me for not replying immediately.

Regards

Oliver.