View Single Post
Unread 09-29-2017, 06:18 AM

Walter, I haven't looked at the transcript, but this is almost like a rendition of a Gertrude Stein poem from Tender Buttons that's so bad it's almost good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwn Acra View Post
At first I thought the questioning of his mental health was unwise, a way to excuse a wretched heart, but now I think he's both terrible and mentally compromised. Here he is on the healthcare bill. BTW, there is no senator in the hospital and if there were it wouldn't affect the vote:

“The health-care bill didn't go down. We have the votes, but reconciliation is a disaster. But as you know, it ends on Friday. So we don't have enough time, because we have one senator who's a 'yes' vote — a great person, but he's in the hospital. And he's a 'yes' vote. So we can't do it by Friday. So we have the votes.”

“We have the votes to get it done. You can't do it when somebody is in the hospital.”

“I just wanted to say, though, on health care, we have the votes for health care. We have one senator that's in the hospital. He can't vote because he's in the hospital. He can't vote because he's in the hospital. We have two other votes that are coming and we will have them, but the problem is we can't have them by Friday because of reconciliation ends on Friday, so we'll have to do it in January or February. But I feel we have the votes; I'm almost certain we have the votes. But with one man in the hospital, we cannot display that we have them. Plus, some people want to go through a process just to make themselves feel better. That's okay.”

“But on health care, we have the votes, we can't do it now because we have somebody in a hospital and we have great respect for that gentleman, by the way, he's a fantastic man. He was a yes, that's right.”

“He can't come here and vote. In other words, he can't come here and vote because he's in the hospital. So here's the story. Wait, wait, yes, in the hospital. So we're going to do it in January or February because, as you know, we have the votes but can't go longer than Friday.”

“You know, we're only one off, maybe two, but we can't vote now, John — you probably didn't hear me — because as you know, one of our yes votes is in hospital. I can't take him out of the hospital.”