View Single Post
Unread 09-29-2017, 11:16 AM

John W. --"Oh come. If we are to be taken to task for the grammatical construction of what we say, then who shall scape whipping?"

"We "? It astounds me that you see it that way. You, a highly regarded poetic communicator. You, who demands high quality from your peers here on the sphere. You, who understands like few others the importance, meaning and power of words. I'm really flabbergasted.

Your specious argument that "no one is perfect" when the leader of the free world fails more often than succeeds in being grammatically correct and therefore dangerously (yes dangerously) incoherent astonishes me.
You skills as a poet are impressive, but your political views are jaundiced.

You can defend his politics all you want, but this thread is focusing on his ability as president of the U.S. to formulate language that effectively communicates and helps us navigate through some pretty difficult times. Do you really take so lightly the ability of someone in his position to speak and think clearly?

Btw, Jimmy Carter was (is) a "nice", good, honest man who could speak in coherent sentences.
Gerald Ford, for that matter, was, too. (He just had trouble putting one foot in front of the other).

Last edited by Jim Moonan; 09-30-2017 at 01:38 PM.