View Single Post
Unread 04-20-2014, 03:02 PM

I agree with you all about the pluses and minuses regarding this journal. I also agree with Janice that it's a wonderful idea -- especially, as she noted, "Since the demise of Tilt-a-Whirl, much lamented, there has been (as far as I know) no zine dedicated to the repeating forms."

I figure if the editor has a passion for formal poetry, then if some of us Eratosphere members were to submit some awesome poems, the magazine would, in all likelihood, become more effective and interesting. That's a guess.

Anyway, when I queried, the editor replied quickly, and was personable. To me that's a plus. He asked me if I know other poets who would like to submit some poems. So I posted the info, thinking, why not share the news? I think it might be good to help him along with the project.

In fact, a couple of days ago I submitted 5 poems (2 of which had originally appeared in The Flea; he is open to reprints), which he took for the upcoming issue. (4 of those had been workshopped here. So thanks, folks!)

I didn't ask him if he takes villanelles, so didn't send any. I did, however, send a rondeau, a kyrielle, a triolet, a rondeau redouble, and a ballade. (I'm not sure which ones he is thinking of printing.)