View Single Post
Unread 07-21-2017, 07:17 PM

I don't think he'll survive physically for eight more years. He doesn't look healthy to me. If he does we will have a constitutional crisis and the GOP will have to decide if they are truly on the side of the plutocrats that are tired of being constrained by a republican form of government or will they preserve the U.S. system of government. Much will also depend on the position the army takes. Madison and friends knew the greatest possible threat to any republic came from the military. Eisenhower knew it as well, better than any president since. Will the generals movie in "to restore order" when the chaos Trump unleashes by his unconstitutional acts hits the streets? Now we have to ask what role Putin would play. Trump has done more damage to the safety and security of the U.S. in six months than any president before has done in four or eight. And yes, I know the stock market is doing well. That and the stronger economy Obama left him are part of the threat.

I'm convinced that Putin is getting what he wanted out of having operatives work with the Trump campaign. He knew it would be exposed, the slower the better, the way scandals are that involve the president. He is also savvy enough to know it's quite possible the unbalanced Trump, who cares for himself much more than he does the country, is capable of creating all sorts of destruction as it's revealed. What sort of price will Putin pay? Some sanctions? Russia has dealt with U.S. sanctions for decades. What does Putin get? He gets to watch the country he hates more than any other go through convolutions that threaten it's fundamental system and weakens it for decades to come.

Last edited by John Riley; 07-21-2017 at 07:35 PM.