View Single Post
Unread 09-10-2002, 01:23 PM
Lariat Emeritus

The New Formalist, in which many of our members publish, has just begun a new series of chapbooks on the net. The first titles are Murphy and Wakefield, and they hope to have a chapbook by our beloved Mother Superior, Rhina, later this week. They are also publishing out-of-print classics, the first being Robinson's unspeakably great "Children Of The Night," 1897. The editor, Lamon Cull, who is actually Leo Yankevitch, has asked me to serve as his bird dog; and I shall be asking a number of our members and Lariats to submit manuscripts. Leo is doing a beautiful job of presenting our work. Streaming audio of each poet reading his or her work will eventually accompany the text. My audio should be compressed and available in a day or two.

In my case, five or six of the eight little poems were workshopped here. In Richard's case, I don't know the body count, but I know several of the best poems were workshopped hereabouts. This is Richard's first book publication, and I warmly congratulate him. Let me extend our thanks to the proprietor of The Deep End, and to all of you who helped us shape these poems.

The New Formalist's ebooks can be found at: http://www.newformalist.com/ebooks/index.html