Thread: Flouncing off
View Single Post
Unread 06-18-2017, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayne Osborn View Post
Bill didn't say he wouldn't look at this thread! I hope you are looking in, Bill, to see that you have friends here who don't want you to go away from the Sphere.

Some interesting viewpoints have been expressed, regarding GT etc . . .

For my own part, in the main I'd prefer general topics of discussion to continue (although I keep well away from political debates myself), but we'll never please everyone, no matter what we do.
I can recall a couple of contentious debates that have been about poetry, so I don't think there's any point in trying to keep GT to purely poetical subjects of conversation; people will still argue with those who have opposing views!!

But this is about Bill. If you are reading this, Bill, you can ask me to delete this whole thread if you wish to carry on as if nothing has happened, and I will. I hope you'll reconsider your decision to leave and not come back.

Jayne
No, Jayne, I suggest we leave this thread open. And I just want to say a few things:

John Whitworth: you're right, all I need is a thicker skin. The thicker skin is on, and the kid gloves are off.

John Riley: You make no sense to me, so I will probably get on best by putting you on ignore. We shall see.

Quincy said, "Don't come back". Well guess what, it was your terse comment that forced me to return, to log back in and to suck it all up. I notice the way you drop and run. Start a thread, then disappear. Make a comment, get a response, and then don't have the courage to continue the dialogue. Grow a pair, Quincy. And cut those bangs, for Christ's sake. Are you twelve?

We shall see how this goes.

Thank you Jayne, and others, for your positive responses.