View Single Post
Unread 04-28-2012, 12:41 PM

Hi Gail,

Thank you for adding your thoughts here in this thread. I'm very pleased. My first acquaintance with you was, I believe, when you gave an interview for an issue of the Poet's Market. It was sometime in the late eightees or early ninetees. I'm thinking '87, which I believe was edited by Judson Jerome. I submitted some poems to a journal you were editing then (sorry, can't remember what it was called), but alas! I was rejected. I will sure feel stupid if I am thinking of someone else, but I'm pretty sure it was you.

Kimberly,

Yes, it's quite an astonishing body of work for a woman of that time period, or any time period really. I went to Amazon to see about the Wendy Wall book, and I nearly had a siezure when I saw the price for a new edition: $426.21!

Good Lord, is that what they're charging for books nowadays! Of course, I can get one used for much less. I just may, as I am keenly interested in women writers and all the nonsense they had to deal with throughout the ages.

Thanks again to you both for keeping this amazing person's memory alive, even if just a little.