View Single Post
Unread 08-27-2017, 10:44 AM

Thanks Rogerbob for that Eagles history – I didn’t know that. They’re great storytellers with superb musical talent. A band of genius, IMO…

John, that’s a heartbreaking song from a man whose story is heartbreaking. From the comments:

Ok let me sum this up: this guy had serious injury as a child when a furnace exploded and killed all of his classmates, most of his songs were stolen by other artists who rose to fame instead of him and his publisher supressing his songs. After his marriage failed and his child died of cystic fibroses all while his mother was suffering a heart disease, he ended up homeless and lost an eye due to a shot from an air rifle. He went nuts and was in various psychiatric institutions where he was treated for alleged paranoid schizophrenia. He finally died from pneumonia and cardiac arrest in 1999 at the age of 56.

Oh, my.

The Canadian singer / actress Louise Pitre sings a song called “Y’a Rien a Voir” that’s on a playlist a friend made for me. I’ve looked for the lyrics everywhere but haven’t found them, and I’m too lazy to sit down and try to transcribe them. It’s another example of music fusing with lyrics to make a miracle. You can catch a little bit of it in a clip at this site. I haven’t been able to find it on the intertubes. If anyone else can, I'd be grateful...

Last edited by Michael F; 08-27-2017 at 11:46 AM.