View Single Post
Unread 03-27-2017, 07:49 AM

You need to read more closely, John. The referendum was about leaving the EU - NOT leaving the single market let alone the customs union, both of which actions were described as insane by leading 'Brexit' campaigners. The democratic vote related to the first of these propositions only.

I didn't describe the Leave voters as unpatriotic; I reserve that for those right-wing extremists of the May to Fox faction, to whom you seem willing to attach yourself, who are pig-headedly and undemocratically charging towards the 'hard Brexit', for which the 'Brexit' majority of 'South Britain' did NOT vote. Unless May is intent on extinguishing the last flickers of what passes for 'democracy' in the country (and with the talk of extensive use of 'Henry VIII' clauses that seems not impossible), her faction and hangers on will find that time and the peoples of 'South Britain' will exact their own revenge for having their 'word' so grievously misused - for it it is she and her ilk who are slamming the door on their and on their children's futures.

I promise that as Scotland closes the door behind us that keeps us in the continent which you are so keen to spurn, we'll do it quietly.