View Single Post
Unread 10-23-2002, 07:30 AM

Tim. Thank you again for the generous nudges, and as well for your very kind thoughts and wishes here! If not for that thread at Erato, I'd never have tried translating the Ronsard; even so, I might never have thought of sending it to The Formalist; and even so, it might very well never have been noticed but for you. Yet another set of multifaceted encomia for Eratosphere, the delightful and farsighted Alex Pepple, and the impassioned watchful poet-scout himself, yourself!

Roger. Thank you, and for the link as well. Yes, there were a few tweaks to the poem after that, a few words here and there, nothing too major. I'm not sure if it's appropriate to post the new version here at this point: I'd need professional advice on that! Perhaps someone could let me know.

David, Pua, Clive, and Carol. Your kind thoughts are much appreciated, and Pua see above re posting. Thank you all. The original poem The Formalist accepted is "In the Lee of the Disaster," about which I'm gratified as well, as it is, of course, strictly about 9-11 (and, by extension, its watershed impact on both this neighborhood and the world). As I've said before, the closer you were to that outrage, the more deeply it affected you.

Terese