Thread: Flouncing off
View Single Post
Unread 06-14-2017, 02:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Riley View Post
Bill said he wasn't reading these posts. I wonder if that is true?
As I said earlier, John, Bill posted that he would not read PMs or emails from members; he did not say he wouldn't read this thread. Why would he have started it if he didn't intend to see what the response was? We can't know for sure, of course, but I think (and hope) that Bill will be reading our comments.

But let's not turn this thread into another political debate!

One thing I have to say, which I think is highly relevant (and this is not aimed at Bill himself) is that Alex and I are fully aware that some of our members are bi-polar, and/or have mental health issues. We all must bear in mind that some individuals have major struggles in their lives, be they financial, emotional, health- or family-wise. Such difficulties can make people angry, unreasonable or just plain hard to deal with!

GT discussions at least allow everyone a chance to "sound off", if they need or want to. If we put it into perspective, what does it really matter if people agree or disagree with another's politics? That's the reason it's far better not to ''over-moderate'' that board - unless things get seriously ad hominem, what the hell? Let people have their say; if you don't like what you see, then don't go there!

We are all poets - and poets can be strange people! - but Eratosphere is a wonderful place where lifelong friendships can be forged, and have been. Many, many of us are great friends with others here. Bill can return at any time he chooses, and I sincerely hope that whatever caused him to abandon the Sphere will dissolve away, and be forgotten.

Jayne