View Single Post
Unread 09-01-2017, 11:32 AM
Distinguished Guest

Indeed, Jim, thank you so much for the link. These monsoon stories always slay me. This article makes a relevant point, in what it has to say about the hazards and setbacks, slow-downs faced by rescuers. We are even now dealing with this, where I am. I am just so thankful for those "First Responders." My husband is one of them, the fearless, compassionate "hero" who stays behind in a hurricane, to keep things running and as safe as possible, when everyone else has fled under mandatory evacuation orders, in panic.

That is partially why I was so compelled to defend the reporters, weather experts, etc., who participated in this. They lay their lives on the line, to go through it with us, and to relay our experience to you. I feel they did an excellent job, in this instance. What you saw around the globe was a sincere representation of our experience.

Right now, just in my neighborhood, we are sheltering over 50 families who lost their homes. That is just in my neighborhood. I was out buying supplies to donate yesterday, and nearly overwhelmed with mixed feelings -- the gratitude to God, that we were virtually untouched, hence in a position to provide for the needy, the crushing feeling of responsibility for their welfare, and the tremendous empathy I feel for those families.

J