View Single Post
Unread 07-15-2017, 03:06 AM

"To Americans, the death of one innocent person can be as powerful as the death of millions."

So that's all right, then. Silly me. No need to listen to the rest of it.

And nor will many of the people who came in at the beginning with the emphasis on the case of Otto Warmbier. A calculated reel-em-in newsbite.

Two decades, eh William? I was three when the bomb fell on Hiroshima. I was still reeling from the horror of the extraordinary happenings of May 8th, when people flung furniture out into the street and lit huge fires to celebrate there being no more huge fires... I recall cowering under a trestle table in South London, pondering on the irrationality of human behaviour, while little pieces of bright yellow cake, made with dried egg, dropped all around me. Fairy cakes, iced in red, white and blue were served, but even after all that austerity - which was to last a lot longer - some people couldn't bring themselves to eat the blue bits.

But I also remember the sights and sounds and smells of the before of it. I know what it's like to be bombed. I wish more people in positions of power were able to say the same thing.

So you see, I'm not only a lady, I'm a very old lady. A loony-lefty old bat. So don't you pay me no never-mind, young man. Nobody else will.