View Single Post
Unread 10-28-2002, 04:56 PM
Lariat Emeritus

Richard, I wouldn't worry about your being culled. Ain't goin' to happen, 'cause your ebook is so bloody fine. More news: Wendy Videlock (wendyV) and I are working on her manuscript, which is sheer magic. This project is bloomin' an' blossomin', and I thank all the contributors. This just in from our Mother Superior, Rhina, on the three new entries:

Dear Tim and Leo,

I've just read the latest three ebooks, and am overjoyed! Gail White, as you know, Tim, is one of my favorites, and has put her talents on display in this sampling: the wry humor, the unobtrusive wisdom, the
verbal grace and unexpected smack of wit are all here. What a treat, and what a wonderful introduction to her work for those readers unfortunate enough not to have found her until now!

The Catullus translations by Susan McLean are a double joy: not only are they fresh, sassy, musical and true to the spirit of the original, but they are the work of a poet I had the privilege of teaching in my "fixed forms" workshop at the West Chester Conference this year.
I'm delighted--but not at all surprised--to find work of such quality by her on this website, and look forward to more!

Wiley Clements is a discovery for me, and one I'm glad to be making: these are strong, lovely poems, lyrical over the sad undertow of their themes. I love his evocations of war, and his "Fall Epigram" is a gem, but I think my favorites are his tributes to Frost and Wilde.

And kudos to you both, for finding so much fine poetry and enriching the site with it!

love, Rhina