View Single Post
Unread 10-02-2001, 03:30 AM

Michael:

If you are associated with a university, go to their Italian Department and ask the secretary (I used to produce large business conferences and trust me, they know EVERYTHING) what academic associations the professors in the department belong to. For Italian professors, I can't imagine that there would be that many in existence. There is probably one or two, plus a subgroup of a larger body like a national organization of university professors. The associations would have the primo list you need, but they probably won't let you have it. Associations guard their lists; it's their lifeblood. Find out from them if they have a newsletter that you can advertise in. I am sure they may also have a national meeting you can try to see if they will let you advertise in the announcements for. The cost would probably be nonexistant or nominal. Or you can try calling the NY Public Library Information Desk (try nypl.org) and see if they can find the name of an Italian Language Studies associations. They are wonderful at locating obscure information like that. And try the search engines on here. google.com or a metaengine like dogpile.com or refdesk.com.

Hope that helps. Sorry for the grammar. The coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

nyctom