Thread: Night & Day
View Single Post
Unread 10-23-2016, 10:48 AM

John, This is a digital image. It's a combination of two different photographs, one of a tree in the sunlight, turned sideways, and one of a downtown street at night. Aa a digital image it has no texture at all until it's printed and then it will assume the texture of the support it's printed on. I guess I would be leaning towards a linen paper since that paper has a slight grid to it and that would relate nicely to the squares the neon filter created around those night lights. My printer tells me that he can print that at the best quality at 15' x 12.5". It can go smaller of course, but any lager becomes distorted and blurry.

I just caught the typo in my last sentence, but I'm leaving it because it's kinda funny.

Ann, I think I know what you are talking about. It is a bit difficult for people of one art form to slip into discussions of another type. I've been thinking about your idea of having another collaborative challenge. This would be fun and mix it up a little but, at the moment, we just don't have many artists participating at Erato. I was considering starting a thread at the "Art Museum" about a comparison of poetry vs. visual art. I hope you will join in! Maybe it would be fun to crit a poem as if it were a painting and crit a painting (or other visual work) as if it were a poem. Did you know visual art can have "rhyme"?