View Single Post
Unread 06-09-2017, 07:27 AM

To be (or not to be) cliché about it -- you can't make this stuff up.

In Comey's case, he gives every indication that, in addition to intelligence, he retains a critical amount of integrity (flaws and all) within the maelstrom that is U.S. politics and, by extension, (as I said in my initial statement) the world.

Not long ago Comey (let’s call him “JC” just for the fun of it) appeared before another committee and dramatically said it had made him “mildly nauseous” to think that his decisions/actions regarding the HC email scandal during the presidential campaign might have significantly impacted on the outcome of the election and handed it to DT. Comey and the Russians were unwitting bedfellows! You just can't make this stuff up.

As Attorney General to GB in 2004, he (Comey) acted courageously to block the illegal wiretapping taking place – euphemistically referred to as the “Patriot Act”.

Truth (and untruth) is stranger than fiction (still more cliché). We, the people, must now determine which is which. It's come down to that. Enter Robert Mueller for his time on stage…

Would it be that we are simply at a crossroad! No, the world stage is at a web-like intersection; a maze-like place in time where things become re-imagined for millennia. I’m prone to hyperbole, but for once I don’t think I’m engaging in it when I say that. Something very big is happening. There’s a tidal wave approaching (though I'm not afraid! I can always turn my back on it all and go tend my own garden. I've done it before. I'll do it again).

And to steer my thoughts back to this thread's original intent, this chapter of U.S. history will make for a much better novel, a much better stage play, then it will a movie, IMO. Ironically, the perfect novelist to write it is Tolstoy or perhaps Solzhenitsyn. I don’t know. (It also begs for an epic poem to be written, though no one would read it.)