Thread: Flouncing off
View Single Post
Unread 06-13-2017, 08:10 PM

It has to be said. Of course, I probably shouldn't say it but I'll step forward.

The problem with Bill and political discussions was Bill. He grew increasingly agitated when you disagreed with him. I wrote a few responses to him I labored over to make sure they were not disrespectful and accusatory and he would take a few words and distort them and respond loudly to that, claim insult, and ignore everything else I had said. No one drove Bill away. He drove himself away with his increasingly argumentative and shrill use of ideas and terms pulled from current right-wing rhetoric. Go back and look at his responses to me and the other "snowflakes" who didn't agree with him. I never stooped to calling him a name ripped from left-wing rhetoric and didn't see anyone else do it either.

The bigger truth I accept is it's not smart to get into these political discussions here and I haven't often. I stepped into the one with him because I thought he was the type of person I could have a back and forth with without it going off the rails. That was my impression of him from the poetry boards. I was wrong. Lesson learned. However, I just can't sit by anymore and let the fundamental fact be ignored. Bill drove himself away. No one drove Bill away. He is the one who couldn't stop agitating. The mayor of London was more interested in short skirts than terrorism was a recent post. All attempts to suggest to him that this was inflammatory and simplistic was met with rancor. But no one that I saw called him a name or was disrespectful to him.

Bill said he wasn't reading these posts. I wonder if that is true?

John