Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 04-23-2016, 01:58 PM

What great reviews, J.D! You'll make the orders, not to worry. I went through this twice with Finishing Line--for chapbooks though.

I'm curious. Is your book their first full-lengther?

I also see that the deadline for pre-orders is May 20. My finances are still pitiful, but I will see what I can do by then!

Lots of luck,
Charlotte
Unread 04-23-2016, 03:29 PM

Thank you very much for the kind words and the encouragement on the basis of your experience. I've never been through anything quite like this before and I have been a bit stressed about this one.

They've done some full-length books before; their Pinterest page shows covers for seven. I think I am part of another small group of full-length books.

This may also be a good time to note that I am offering a refund with proof of purchase to anyone who buys the book and is not satisfied.

Thanks again for taking an interest.
Unread 05-04-2016, 10:10 PM

With two weeks left in the pre-order period I am pleased to note that 67 copies have been ordered. Eight more will guarantee a print run, and a total of 105 will lead to a print run of 500 and the possibility, however remote, of post-publication awards.

This is probably a good time to note again that I am offering a refund (with proof purchase) to anyone who doesn't like the book.

In case I can't sign a particular copy of the book, I will be pleased to send a signed book plate to the address of the reader's choice.
Unread 06-28-2016, 09:17 PM

All this noted, I am grateful to say that there will be a print run of at least 500, with all that might entail.

For those who have already ordered, I should note that things are running some six to eight weeks behind the previously announced publication schedule. This means that the launch will occur in Autumn rather than Summer, an advantageous situation for author and publisher if not for readers.

With these obstacles in mind, and in light of previous statements, I renew my offer of a refund with proof of purchase to those who find the collection not to their liking.
Unread 06-29-2016, 03:43 AM
Administrator

Hi John,

First of all, it was great to see you again at West Chester.

I sold all my books at WC and the lovely Reggie wants to send me a check, but I've suggested to him that, to save me losing most of the money in conversion fees, he mails it to one of my US friends (in their name) instead.

If you PM me your home address I can let Reggie know, then you will have my payment for your book, give or take a few dollars perhaps. Good idea, or what???
If any adjustment is necessary we can sort it out with a glass of wine next year!

I look forward to reading your poems and won't be requiring the refund that you generously offer to any disappointed customers; there won't be any of those!

Jayne
Unread 06-29-2016, 10:41 AM

Thanks, Jayne. It was likewise great to see you. I will send you the PM per your idea.

I should note as well that the publication of the book is slightly delayed, and the actual release date will be in September. This is something of a relief in its own way, as launching a book in the summer has its problems.
Unread 08-03-2016, 09:03 PM

The first review appears at this link.
Unread 11-19-2016, 03:06 PM

Advance orders of The Killing Tree should be reaching you shortly, and the collection is now also available on the Amazon and Barnes and Noble sites. I am hoping Powell's will soon join them.

Thanks to all for their patience with the delays in publication.
Unread 05-23-2017, 02:42 PM

A much-belated Goodreads giveaway is now in progress for the collection. Ten copies will be sent to randomly selected individuals who enter between now July 1. Residents of the vast majority of the English-speaking world are eligible. Details at this link.