Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 09-29-2017, 12:39 PM

Thanks, Andrew, for posting that speech by General Silveria. When you hear our corrupt and idiotic President, and many of the individuals with whom he has surrounded himself, it's good to realize that there are still some decent and articulate people in positions of responsibility. I never, ever thought I'd say this in a political context - but thank God for the Armed Forces.
Unread 09-29-2017, 02:04 PM

Yes, Andrew, thanks for that although it will always make me nervous when the generals are the only thoughtful, sensible people in Washington. When this charade comes crashing down, and every fairy tale or bible story or stories from the old religions, hell, every Star Trek episode, has taught me that it will come crashing down, it makes me nervous that the military will begin to seem to many of the people propping this fool up to be the only solution. It's what Madison feared most.
Unread 09-29-2017, 07:56 PM

Consider his remarkable discovery that Puerto Rico is an island, and it's in the middle of an ocean. A really, really big ocean.

(As distinct from all the small oceans cluttering the planet).

Grammatical, but totally stupid.
Unread 09-30-2017, 06:45 AM

"Grammatical, but totally stupid."

Actually it is the Carribbean Sea that surrounds it -- not the really, really big Atlantic Ocean.

He often speaks in incomplete sentences. Often will start a sentence about one thing and then, mid-sentence, add into it information about something unrelated.

He is overwhelmed by the job, hounded by his own lies, tormented by his failings, utterly unable to display empathy, only able to act in self-interest.

Last edited by Jim Moonan; 09-30-2017 at 05:26 PM.
Unread 09-30-2017, 06:59 AM

Hi Jim. I agree with pretty much everything you say, except "tormented by his failings". I do think DT has a 'uge chip on his shoulder, but as to feeling actual regret, remorse, guilt, shame - emotions in that spectrum - I don't think he has that capacity. If only!

Cheers,
John

Update: now he might be starting to feel like a cornered animal, which is when survival instincts kick in. That's how I read his NFL attack, for instance. But that's fear, and maybe anger, and nothing more glamorous.

Last edited by John Isbell; 09-30-2017 at 07:05 AM.
Unread 09-30-2017, 09:04 AM

"The loss of life, it's always tragic. But it's been incredible. The results that we've had with respect to loss of life."

Want to know more about how Trump feels about loss of life? Watch this.
Unread 09-30-2017, 09:08 AM

Last night I watched the Mayor of San Juan cut through all the bullshit and issue an anguished call for help, and this morning our demented President is tweeting from his golf course and attacking her.
Unread 09-30-2017, 09:09 AM

Your post says so much, Roger. He's a coward as well as a fool.

Last edited by Michael Cantor; 09-30-2017 at 09:27 AM.
Unread 09-30-2017, 10:04 AM

Roger, thank you for shedding light on that aspect of his depraved personality. The interview you posted should be required viewing for all.

And thanks, John, for calling into question my assumption that he might have anything resembling a conscience. I stand sadly corrected.

The tweets this morning that attack the beleaguered mayor of PR are morally reprehensible.

Also, the quote Roger posted:

"The loss of life, it's always tragic. But it's been incredible. The results that we've had with respect to loss of life."

Is an example of just how convoluted a frame of mind he is now in. His language is a dark mirror of his mind .
Unread 09-30-2017, 10:42 AM

Here are a couple of other random things he's said:

"When I did this now I said, I probably, maybe will confuse people, maybe I’ll expand that, you know, lengthen the time because it should be over with, in my opinion, should have been over with a long time ago.”

“From the time I took office till now, you know, it’s a very exact thing. It’s not like generalities.”