Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 01-21-2016, 04:06 AM

John, with respect, it is your current party of choice, UKIP, which is a fascist organization.

The UKIP home page prominently proclaims:

"The EU faces an existential crisis, indeed there is an outbreak of a contagious disease. The disease is called democracy and people want to have a say on their future."

Consider the implications of bringing to power in the UK a party that does not believe in democracy. Just sit down and think about it for a while.

Consider that the definition of democracy is:

A system of government in which power is vested in the people, who rule either directly or through freely elected representatives. Note: Democratic institutions, such as parliaments, may exist in a monarchy.
Unread 01-21-2016, 05:44 AM

Oh, dear - I am laughing hard at the memory of a comedian in Ulster who started his stand-up set with the line "I was walkin' down The Falls in the mornin'"... When it got no response he repeated it, emphasising The Falls. When there was still no reaction he pleaded "Oh, come on - I'm tryin' to find out what youse are"

I'm sorry; I should not participate in political threads because, like Skimpole, I am a child.
Unread 01-21-2016, 06:01 AM

In the UKIP blurb, the "contagious disease" of democracy is intended to be a good thing. It is a potentially fatal disease to the anti-democratic EU. The party says ironically, "We are the disease," along with the other parties that seek to represent their countries' national interests instead of the ideal of continental cooperation, which is suspected of being an engine of exploitation.

Last edited by Bill Carpenter; 01-21-2016 at 06:04 AM.
Unread 01-21-2016, 06:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
michael, i have been tory since the ark. but i am never going to vote tory again if the bastards don't take us out of that fascist organisation, the bleeding eu.
Jeez, what has this to do with what we were talking about before, or indeed this thread??? It has sprung from nowhere. PLEASE don't get into yet another political argument, John.

Take Michael's excellent advice from last time - Stick To Poetry!

Jayne
Unread 01-21-2016, 06:35 AM

Quote:
In the UKIP blurb, the "contagious disease" of democracy is intended to be a good thing. It is a potentially fatal disease to the anti-democratic EU. The party says ironically, "We are the disease," along with the other parties that seek to represent their countries' national interests instead of the ideal of continental cooperation, which is suspected of being an engine of exploitation.
On second thought, I'm taking Jayne's advice.
Unread 01-21-2016, 08:44 AM

I have no idea what AVG is. I guess I'll have to Google it.