Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 10-09-2017, 06:38 PM

Default the last refuge of a scoundrel

Mike Pence flew on the government dime 1800 miles from Las Vegas to Indianapolis; went to the Colts game; stood up and left when the 49ers kneeled during the anthem; and flew 2000 miles back to LA. He also told the press not to bother leaving the van because he'd be back in a minute. Then he tweeted a photo of himself enjoying the Colts game which, the press discovered, was taken in 2014. Trip cost: over $88,000.
Mike Pence: the sensible DT alternative.

Update: I see I don't have a question here, so here's one: if Mueller concludes the Trump campaign colluded, or Trump obstructed justice, and Trump eventually goes; does that mean Pence walks in? The fruit of the poisonous tree? Pence is no Gerald Ford.

Last edited by John Isbell; 10-09-2017 at 11:43 PM.
Unread 10-10-2017, 01:21 AM

Sadly, I think that Pence is in a very respective position.

The real folks who should be outraged are those who actually paid for their seats.
Unread 10-10-2017, 01:50 AM

Yes, there are of course different reasons for outrage available, for paying customers sitting through the game. But I don't think flying yourself 1800 miles to BE outraged, leaving after 8 minutes, and flying 2000 miles back next door to where you left from, on the taxpayers' hefty dime, all the while disrupting the Peyton Manning statue unveiling for the locals, qualifies. It takes a special kind of chutzpah. Meanwhile white supremacists are back in Charlottesville with no word of outrage, or indeed of any kind, from the White House about that news item.

Edit: and this after Price was just booted out of office, allegedly for his travel habits. Mnuchin, to name one other private plane fan, not yet.
Unread 10-10-2017, 01:58 AM

It was staged by, respectively, Trump and Pence. As I said, Pence is just a little too respective for most of us. One could also say that he would restore a human face to the office, but one would be an idiot for saying it.
Unread 10-10-2017, 02:02 AM

I'd put a smiley face here but that would be too few characters.