Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Closed Thread
Unread 02-08-2015, 04:13 AM

You see. The post would never have appeared had I closed the thread.
Unread 02-08-2015, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Whitworth View Post
You see. The post would never have appeared had I closed the thread.
I am happy that you didn't.
Unread 02-08-2015, 04:52 AM

Thank you, Laurent. As you see, I am all wise. Nice post, by the way.
Unread 02-08-2015, 12:50 PM

A pertinent image here?
Unread 02-08-2015, 10:45 PM

Heh Martin,

I tried, but I couldn't let this go.

Quote:
there you go again--the ONLY people in the world who believe Germans are a race are neo-Nazis.
Nonsense - worse than nonsense... that seems like deliberate misdirection to me. You pick ONE word from a person's post and dare to call her a neo-nazi - how cowardly!!

Quote:
I cannot see inside your brain, and can only guess what you believe from the statements that you make. They don't paint a pretty picture.
Again - that seems cowardly to me... character assassination because of the random use of a single word. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't a casual observer read that as spiteful - hateful - weak - misinformed? Wouldn't that seem like a despicable attempt to deliberately deceive people and summon sympathy? Just wondering... 'cause I cant see the pretty picture inside your brain either. Orrrr cannnn I?

Quote:
Mods, please please shut this awful monstrosity of a thread down. Each time I tell myself there is no point in saying anything, and then something so revolting appears that I feel it cannot be left unanswered.
YES!! - mods - shut it down before people start to faint from the use of subversive one-syllable words. Free speech be damned - Charlie Hebdo be damned - drama queens be damned. Martin, I don't know you, but I'd bet my (small) bank account that you live a pretty good, safe, productive life. What are you afraid of?. Brother - grow a pair.

N
Unread 02-09-2015, 12:00 AM

John - this is what happens when you don't close a thread. The same angry people who hijacked the thread and turned it into a litany of hate will just come back again and again and again. It's quite obvious that Neil didn't join the Sphere because he's a poet - he joined up a month ago because his Ottawa buddy Jeanne needed help.

This was established as a thread to commemorate and discuss the tragedy of Charlie Hebdo, it was hijacked by Jeanne to babble about holocaust denial, and after we've gone through days and days of that nonsense, Laurent puts up still another gracious post - we're back on the original subject - and all looked fine.

Until, of course, Neil couldn't resist the opportunity to go back to Hatred 101 to defend Jeanne - and we're back where we were. Will somebody please use some common sense and close this thread.
Unread 02-09-2015, 03:08 AM
Administrator

This thread has had enough, especially as it appears to be completely derailed--with the latest postings--from raison d'être.

Thread locked!

Cheers,
...Alex
Closed Thread