Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 03-31-2016, 12:23 PM

Default Chroma call for subs, 4/25 deadline

I know nothing more about these people or their project than the following, and what little I could glean from their website.

The project sounds interesting, though, so I thought I'd share the call for submissions, despite the misspelling of "to" and the missing periods. (It's usually a deal-breaker for me when editors don't bother to proofread their own copy.)

I presume the length specification applies to articles rather than to poetry.

Cheers,
Julie

~ 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 ~

Chroma

We are starting a new independent magazine entitled Chroma. Each issue is to be based around a different colour, the first being red. The magazine is going to contain a mixture of photographers, artists, graphic designers, writers and poets. However, although we do have an amazing range of graphic designers, photographers and artists involved, we have yet too find writers/article writers/poets More information:
Website: www.chromamagazine.com (a minimal website till we launch first issue- then it will become a blog)
Although we already have a vast range of photographers, artists and graphic designers involved, we still need writers, journalists, poets and philosophers.

The first issue is based around the colour red. This can be interpreted in many different ways. We are in particular looking for writing that focuses upon: love, lust, passion, sex, anger, meat, blood, communism, capitalism and any other red object you can think of.

If you are a creative writer, thinker, poet, or have any interest in writing an article, please get in contact with us.

We are looking for work from around 500-1000 words long.

SUBMISSION DEADLINE 25TH APRIL 2016

contact us at:
editor.chromamagazine@gmail.com
Unread 04-04-2016, 08:52 PM

Thanks, Julie. It's definitely more of a photography and arts magazine than a literary one, but I like that. They had me at the picture of Elmo with a dildo in his mouth. I may send them something...
Unread 04-05-2016, 05:18 PM
Distinguished Guest

Maybe we should wait until the ecru issue.