Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 12-30-2001, 01:19 PM
Lariat Emeritus

Very Far North, my second large collection, will be published by Phil Hoy's Waywiser Press in Great Britain on Jan. 17. It can be had from Amazon UK, and in May it will appear in the US, be available in the chainstores, our Amazon, etc. My message is to our members in the UK. I read at the Royal Festival Hall 5 Feb; The Auden Society at Christchurch College, Oxford, the 7th; at the Wordsworth Trust's Dove Cottage the 12th; and at the Oxford Poetry Society the 14th. Any Spherians wishing to attend these affairs please contact me by Private Message, and I'll see what can be done to include you in the receptions, dinners, whatever. This is quite a shock for Conan the Rotarian, who thinks reading at the local Grange or Rotary meeting is a major opportunity.
Unread 12-31-2001, 01:42 AM

[quote]Originally posted by Tim Murphy:

"This is quite a shock for Conan the Rotarian, who thinks reading at the local Grange or Rotary meeting is a major opportunity."

Oh, Tim, relish it! What a wonderful opportunity. My highest regards. And when you read, Ace, relish your words!
Give the Brits a show.

Bob

Unread 01-01-2002, 12:31 PM
Lariat Emeritus

Oh I shall certainly relish it, Robert. I get physically ill before every reading, feeling like a male stripper. Then Mnemosyne takes over and I belt it out for my allotted forty minutes. Clive will join me at the RFH and show me round London. Clive Watkins is coming up to the Lake District to take me for a hike. And David Anthony is joining us for the Auden Society reading at Christ Church. What fun. I look forward to reciprocating when they take their reading tours of North Dakota.
Unread 01-01-2002, 02:13 PM

Tim:
Those folks over there are in for a treat and perhaps for a bit of a lesson in how to make the most of "their" language. I assume you'll be sporting a fine new tan after your vacation this month. Enjoy both excursions.
Richard
Unread 01-01-2002, 02:20 PM

"...a bit of a lesson in how to make the most of "their" language"?

Well, excuse me...!

(Alas)

Best wishes for 2002, Richard!

Clive Watkins

[This message has been edited by Clive Watkins (edited January 01, 2002).]
Unread 01-01-2002, 02:50 PM
Lariat Emeritus

Clive, Richard, should we move this to General Talk? Just as Auden fled to these shore, Dick Davis, the only great living English poet, (and my forthcoming guest on Lariat) came here twenty years ago. Paradoxically, Michael Donaghy (shades of T.S.E.!) left New York and moved to Britain, and Michael is the friend I most hope to see Over There. The Irish conquered the English language in the eighteenth century, and since then, England has been our library, and we oppressed, downtrodden Colonists have constituted England's laboratory. Fair is fair.
Unread 01-01-2002, 06:01 PM

[quote]Originally posted by Tim Murphy:

"I look forward to reciprocating when they take their reading tours of North Dakota."

LOL

I "toured" Fargo w/Anne Sexton & Her Kind, but that was before the movie.

Unread 01-03-2002, 12:17 PM

Congrats on the readings. A very impressive list indeed. And have fun with Clive and his partner. Sounds like you are in a wild time indeed. Plan on doing any singing? Some Burns might be appropriate for the audience.

Happy 2002 to you. Hope you are feeling better.