Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 05-18-2017, 05:54 PM

Default Sunday, May 21: Jane Satterfield & Ned Balbo at Carmine Street Metrics

To 'Spherians in & around NYC:

On May 21, Jane & I will read at Carmine Street Metrics, thanks to host Anton Yakovlev & fellow metrists.

There'll be an open mic, too.

The time: Sunday at 3 PM - 5 PM

The place:
Otto's Shrunken Head
538 E 14th Street Avenues A & B
New York, New York

Looking forward to seeing some friends!

Jane Satterfield is the author of five books, including Apocalypse Mix, selected by David St. John for the Autumn House Poetry Prize, and the memoir Daughters of Empire (Demeter Press). Her previous books of poetry include Her Familiars (Elixir Press, 2013) and Assignation at Vanishing Point (Elixir Press Poetry Award, 2003). Jane received a National Endowment for the Arts poetry fellowship in 2007 and is winner of the 49th Parallel Poetry Prize from Bellingham Review, the Ledbury Festival Poetry Prize, and the Mslexia Women's Poetry Prize. With Laurie Kruk, she is co-editor of the multigenre anthology Borderlands & Crossroads: Writing the Motherland (Demeter Press).

Ned Balbo received a 2017 National Endowment for the Arts translation fellowship for his version of Paul Valéry’s “La Jeune Parque” (“The Young Fate”); a selection is forthcoming in The Hopkins Review. He has published four books, including Upcycling Paumanok (Measure Press, 2016) and The Trials of Edgar Poe and Other Poems (Story Line Press, 2010; Donald Justice Prize and the Poets’ Prize). He currently teaches in Iowa State University’s MFA program in creative writing and environment. A new book, selected by Erica Dawson for the Richard Wilbur Prize, will appear from U. of Evansville Press in 2018.
Unread 05-18-2017, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Hi Jane and Ned,

It was lovely to see you both at WC last year, and if I could only nip across the Atlantic to NY I would love to be there for your readings, but sadly I can't.

Have a great time!

Jayne
Unread 05-18-2017, 07:46 PM

Thank you, Jayne! Same here. I hope we have the chance to cross paths again soon.