Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 07-05-2017, 08:48 AM

My point is that anyone who says Trump is not a racist is not serious. Also, to try to attract sympathy for a man who is in the predicament he is in because of his deeply racist, Nazi-science writings, and to say we are to ignore who he is because the real issue is how the students protesting his speaking at their college acted, is profoundly unserious. Then to move to mocking me because I worked my way through a land grant college is even deeper indication of the lack of thought or logic or morality. I read this morning that after NPR read the Declaration of Independence on the air yesterday Trump supporters began attacking them for advocating for Trump's overthrow. This is the era we are in today. My overall point here and in all my posts in William's threads is that it is a tragedy that conservatives have allowed their once thoughtful and patriotic tradition to be reduced to this. It has gone from Buckley and Kirk and John Adams to Charles Murray and Alex Jones and Donald Trump. William has responded to this point by attempting to mock me for going to college. I say he has earned his membership in today's "conservative" movement.
Unread 07-05-2017, 03:45 PM

Great post, John. I think the "left" is righteously bucking hard. And it helps that, actually, more people feel that way, on average, than in the past. The floor has dropped for traditional conservative thinking. So, we get this. Trump. And I think Trump is a racist knee-jerk reaction to Obama. Maybe not quite that simple, but it's close. And maybe only part of the answer as to why anyone would vote against their own self-interests. They deserve what they get.

And then there's gerrymandering, lying to elders and the disenfranchised about when or where (or if) they can vote, denying voter rights, voter id laws, making some people in some districts wait in line a long time (making Tuesday the day to vote, ahem).

Outside of Trump, you have health care concerns and conservatives who seem to be completely ambushed by this issue. As if it never occurred to them that their constituents might be concerned about it. I mean, just as a person who might gawk at an accident, I've never seen anything so horrible and inconceivable.

Last edited by James Brancheau; 07-06-2017 at 12:11 AM.
Unread 07-06-2017, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emitt Evan Baker View Post
William,
You privately emailed me to ask me to stop responding to your posts.
Told you I was busy anyway and that seemed fine.
I said something to John and John in reply to their posts.
You then personally attacked those emails.
Excuse me? What are you talking about? I have NEVER emailed you. I have only sent you private messages, on Eratosphere. In one of those messages I gave YOU my email address, and suggested that we take this conversation off Eratosphere.

What are you on about? Yes, I responded rather firmly to you via private message. You may copy and paste those private messages here for everyone to see. Yes, I called you an ass, in private. That I will proudly own to. But I also apologize. I'm conflicted on this one. If you send someone a private message, and you actually type the words, Listen up, Bud, you run the risk of being called an ass. Or being told to fuck off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emitt Evan Baker View Post
I wrote you and told you that that was bullshit and that this sort of thing didn't seem good for you. It was a remark based on your own public speeches regarding all this. You are free to send the exchange to anyone you wish. I will happily not post on threads were you are teaching any longer. This topic interested me. I had just wanted to finish a conversation we had started a while back that was cut-off. I stand by the remark that this discourse you have tied into with Horowitz et al. is toxic. Your choice though. So long.
What conversation was cut off?

I see you have a scant few posts, almost all of them in political threads. Are you here as a poet or to argue politics?

May I recommend Talk Freethought. There you will find a very busy group, with far more active members than here, and 95% of them are on the far left. I have the same username and my beautiful Toda-Madonna avatar there. Please join and we can continue this discussion there. If you would like. ?

Last edited by William A. Baurle; 07-07-2017 at 01:57 AM.
Unread 07-06-2017, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Riley View Post
My point is that anyone who says Trump is not a racist is not serious. Also, to try to attract sympathy for a man who is in the predicament he is in because of his deeply racist, Nazi-science writings, and to say we are to ignore who he is because the real issue is how the students protesting his speaking at their college acted, is profoundly unserious. Then to move to mocking me because I worked my way through a land grant college is even deeper indication of the lack of thought or logic or morality. I read this morning that after NPR read the Declaration of Independence on the air yesterday Trump supporters began attacking them for advocating for Trump's overthrow. This is the era we are in today. My overall point here and in all my posts in William's threads is that it is a tragedy that conservatives have allowed their once thoughtful and patriotic tradition to be reduced to this. It has gone from Buckley and Kirk and John Adams to Charles Murray and Alex Jones and Donald Trump. William has responded to this point by attempting to mock me for going to college. I say he has earned his membership in today's "conservative" movement.
John, there is nothing in this post that I find remotely challenging or interesting, or that I feel any kind of need to respond to. As you may know, that's unusual for me. YAY! I needed a bit of a break.

And, I am quite glad to have earned my membership in the new conservative movement. Booooooooooooo!!!!!!! to the PC police, and the extremely silly regressive Left.

Last edited by William A. Baurle; 07-06-2017 at 06:04 AM.
Unread 07-06-2017, 01:34 AM

https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10103857892105091

Good on him!

Quotable quote of the day, from Zuckerberg's post:

Quote:
This is a novel approach to basic income in a few ways. First, it's funded by natural resources rather than raising taxes. Second, it comes from conservative principles of smaller government, rather than progressive principles of a larger safety net. This shows basic income is a bipartisan idea.
[emphasis moi]

another edit: as if it couldn't get any worse:

This poor soul, a gentleman, tries to appease the ever-so-ready-to-lay-blame, ultra-aggressive new left, and winds up in hot water. What he should do is tell those people he "offended" to fuck off.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...den/455073001/

Or, "Go take a hike!" :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5Z9pZ_7xmo

Great! :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLok96R7aH4

Last edited by William A. Baurle; 07-09-2017 at 06:23 AM.