Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 02-01-2017, 11:30 AM

Default Undergraduate Poetry Awards at West Chester

Iris N. Spencer Poetry Awards
Deadline: March 15, 2017
The Iris N. Spencer Poetry Award and Myong Cha Son Haiku Award welcome unpublished, original poems. Submissions to the Iris N. Spencer Award should be composed in the traditional modes of meter, rhyme and received forms. Both competitions will award a first place prize of $1,500 and a $500 runner-up prize.
The Rhina P. Espaillat Poetry Award celebrates original poems written in Spanish or translations of Spanish poems to English. First prize is $500.
Submission Guidelines:
 The annual competition is open to all undergraduate poets who are enrolled in a college or university in the United States.
 The author’s name, address, email address, telephone number and the school you attend should be submitted on a separate sheet.
 There is no fee to enter. Submittals may be a combination of poems submitted to the Iris N. Spencer Award, the Myong Cha Son Haiku Award, or the Rhina P. Espaillat Poetry Award. Limit of two poems per contest.
 All submissions must be submitted no later than March 15, 2017 and sent electronically to poetry@wcupa.edu or mailed to: WCU Poetry Awards Poetry House West Chester University West Chester, PA 19383
Unread 02-09-2017, 02:02 PM

Sam, I'm spreading the word at U of Rochester. Do winners attend the conference for free? How about runners-up?
Unread 02-09-2017, 08:24 PM

Winners of the Spencer award do, but I'm not sure about the others. Remind me after AWP and I'll check.