Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 08-10-2002, 10:13 PM

Such is the wonderful world of anthologies.

What's even more fun is the communal signing. I was at the World Fantasy convention a few years ago and I'd gotten an early copy of "A Horror a Day: 365 Scary Stories," the horror vignette anthology that pretty much doubled as a directory of all the horror authors at the time, or at least a good have of them. Everyone was signing mine, and I got to sign a couple others that other early birds had located.

I've been the sole poet in an anthology before, but this is my first time with poems in a pure poetry anthology.

Sorry two of yours didn't make the Light cut, Roger, but that means there'll be more fresh material for the unexpurgated edition. And nine poems is a coup for anyone to be proud of.

Kevin
Unread 08-11-2002, 12:57 PM
Distinguished Guest Host

It's my solitary custom on Saturday mornings to have breakfast in a local cafe, reading a newspaper. All the regulars have been coming there for years, but in Brit fashion we ignore each other.
Yesterday instead of the paper I took the Light submission, and read it right through for the first time.
I chuckled at nearly everything, and laughed aloud at several. Jim's camel had everybody gathering round to read.
I fear I may be banned from my cafe.
Regards,
David
Unread 08-11-2002, 01:21 PM

David, that's a delightful story. Apparently John Mella and Tim have been entertaining people with some of our collective jokes as well, and they are going over great.

A communal signing sounds like a fun idea if we get the book published, Kevin. We'd just need to round our people up from the ends of the earth.

The proofing is going well on the Light issue, a few typos but no snags, and John hopes to have copy to the printer by the end of the month.

Carol
Unread 08-15-2002, 10:16 PM

Congrats to allayas. It's a neat project. Those poems mostly make me groan and sink down into my chair -- and the ones that made me laugh out loud made me embarrassed to have done so. I think these are suitable signs of success.

wendy

[This message has been edited by wendy v (edited August 15, 2002).]
Unread 10-23-2002, 12:12 PM
Lariat Emeritus

The Autumn issue of Light is in the mail, replete with the Sphereans' 68 poems. I'm calling this thread back up in the hopes that a few more of you will subscribe here: www.lightquarterly.com.

Unread 10-23-2002, 06:02 PM

Done!
Unread 10-25-2002, 07:15 AM
Lariat Emeritus

Light arrived this morning. To my deep delight, the featured poet in this issue is my dear friend and Guest Lariat, OUR Dave Mason. And of course there are the sixty-eight classic jokes. Erato Rules!
Unread 10-25-2002, 12:17 PM

Much coolness.

Are contributor copies being mailed directly, or relayed via Carol?

Kevin
Unread 10-25-2002, 09:03 PM

Got my contributor's copies today, though I don't have my subscription copy yet. Light will mail them to you direct, Kevin. We had an address for everyone but Conny, so all the rest of you should get your contributor's copies soon, and if we can figure out where to send it we can get one sent to Conny.

My husband was roaring at Jim's poems and wants us to schedule a trip to Ireland. I told him I guess he'll take my poetry seriously from now on.

Carol
Unread 10-26-2002, 03:56 PM

Got the extra copies I ordered, but not my subscription or contributor copies. It looks fantastic. Thanks once again to Tim and Carol!