Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 11-27-2004, 11:58 PM

Yes, I am moving into the world of publishing.

Self-publishing.

Having done the small-mag and e-zine scene for the last two years (publishing mainly FV), I am now tired of the publication circuit, especially now, since all my things are metrical, which as we know are harder to place - send off an envelope, wait 4-6 months, "not suitable for us at the moment" - send off an envelope, wait another 4-6 months. Life is too short. Especially short once you have 60 in the sights. So from now on, any material I think is worthy will go straight to my home pages, where I will put new stuff in and take the older pieces out.

Anyway, this change in direction happened recently when it came to my notice that one of the Australian members of Erato, Peter Bloxsom (PeterJB) had started a web-site business, offering personal web-sites for poets, at very reasonable rates, which even I could afford. And here is the result.

As you will see, the site is easy to navigate with drop-down menus on every page, and each poem page has room for an image of your own choice. I know Peter is hoping to establish more sites for writers, and every one here who has some work to share with the world should have one of these.

The service Peter is offering includes not only the creation of the site, but also hosting and maintenance at a yourname.netpublish.net subdomain. It is a real bargain. The four sites listed so far on Peter's index at http://writers.netpublish.net - just happen to be four Australian poets, but I am sure Peter would like to hear from interested poets anywhere. His contact details, and some of the site options, are listed on my pages, but all the details may be found at this address:

http://www.netpublish.net/easy_sites/WriterOffer.htm.

I have a total of 21 poems (metricals and FV) on the site, plus 3 x 2000 word essays, previously published. Every month or so I will replace older items with more recent work. I hope you get a chance to have a browse sometime.

http://markallinson.netpublish.net/

[This message has been edited by Mark Allinson (edited November 28, 2004).]
Unread 11-29-2004, 02:02 PM
Distinguished Guest

Cool, Mark. Nice site.

I have friends here, too, who hit a certain age and just get really fed up - it's so hard to get stuff out there, isn't it!

KEB