Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 03-09-2005, 09:33 AM

Announcement To All:

Announcing my first book, a Romance/Suspense, Titled, "No Goodbyes," ISBN: 1-4137-6243-3, Author (aka) Barbara Kasey Smith,(Barbara Ann Smith), is now available at www.publishamerica.com/books/8288 or it can be purchased through Amazon.Com or Barnes& Nobles Stores. The cost of the book is $9.95 plus a $3.00 shipping & handling fee.

I believe you'll enjoy this book about two young college students attending George Mason College in Fairfax, Virginia and deciding to leave and go on tour with a popular band. The book is filled with suspense and excitement.

I'm looking forward to your comments, if you decide to purchase the book.

Sincerely,

Barbara Ann Smith,
Barbara Kasey Smith, aka

Unread 03-09-2005, 01:29 PM

Wow. I've always wanted to write a novel, and have started a hundred of them, often getting 70 or so pages into it, but never finished one. Congratulations, Barbara. Is this your first?
Unread 03-09-2005, 02:16 PM

http://payn.freelinuxhost.com/
http://www.badbusinessbureau.com/rep...poff104646.htm
http://www.wnbc.com/askasa/4124957/detail.html
http://www.authorsden.com/visit/view...?AuthorID=8567

Some interesting reading.

------------------
Steve Schroeder
Unread 03-09-2005, 03:43 PM

Rose: Yes - this is my first book. It is not a novel it is a romance/suspense story. I'm really thrilled with it's outcome eventhough I haven't actually seen the finished product (just the proof pages, cover, etc.). The story is full of excitement and suspense. If you decide to buy the book, I'll be interested in hearing your comments. Barb.
Unread 03-09-2005, 03:55 PM

Stephen: I'm aware of the bad publicity Publishamerica has been getting. I had accepted and signed a contract with them before knowing of the bad publicity. This same book was being considered by another publisher. I'll find out if all the bad publicity is true. To date, everything has been going as they stated in their contract and I have not paid a penny. The biggest problem I think people have had is their editing policies and their lack of promoting the book. I'll have to say, in their contract, they tell you it is the writers responsibility to make sure their book is edited and proofread and also the writer has to do as much promoting as possible on their own. They send it back to the writer twice before going ahead with the publishing. I'll just have to wait & see. I do hope you wish me luck - it's hard to get your foot in any door of a publisher. I thought my dream had come true and then I began to read the publicity but I do believe anyone buying the book will not be disappointed. Barbara
Unread 03-09-2005, 05:11 PM

Babs, congrats! I just placed my order.

I can't wait to get to the part where you..I mean 'the young college student'... become a groupie for a rock band.

Good for you! Best, Dee
Unread 03-09-2005, 05:45 PM

Barb,

That's great. I too have just placed my order, and can't wait to read it and write a review. I love you poetry, and feel sure your fiction will be right up my alley.

Bobby
Unread 03-09-2005, 07:09 PM

Dee: You are the one that gave me the inspiration to pursue my writing of short stories. I'll always be thankful for you saying to me in one of your critiques of my poetry that I should consider writing short stories. YOU - started me on a writing spree!!!! I do hope when you read it that it won't be a disappointment. I also have a murder mystery coming out in the near future. Barb.
Unread 03-09-2005, 07:13 PM

Bobby your are one special person and I do appreciate you. I can so relate to your poetry because each piece comes from an experience in your life. I thank you for ordering my book and I hope it will be an enjoyable read. Barb.
Unread 03-10-2005, 09:03 AM
Distinguished Guest

Barbara,

Congratulations! I'm going to order the book, and look forward to reading it!

Marion