Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 12-30-2006, 12:40 PM

O Merriest of Christmases and Happy, Happy New Year! Just returned from Los Angeles to find in my postal mailbox contribs for the September-October 2006 issue of North American Review. The really big deal is that work by Mike Juster, "Rounding Up the Mimes," appears in the same issue as one of my little mutt sonnets, "At Gettysburg National Military Park." The issue also includes work by Pau-Llosa, Dunham, Williams, Mayville, Sandvik, Goodwin, Frank, Miller, Lenox, Dana, Shaffer, Stothart, and McElroy--if any of the preceding also are members of the Eratosphere, congratulations, one and all!

See? Thoroughbred and hybrid verse can be published in the same lit mag and otherwise live in perfect harmony.

Wishing for peace in all things in '007,
Lee

Unread 12-30-2006, 01:08 PM

Lee and Michael, sincere congratulations. (And Lee, thanks for letting us know about another journal that will look at formal poetry--and such a prestigious one, too.)

Maryann
Unread 12-31-2006, 11:57 PM

Congrats, Lee. I'll have to add NAR to the list (http://www.ramblingrose.com/poetry/formalpubs.html).

I remember "Rounding Up the Mimes" - awesome poem.

(Pssst: Mike, if you're reading this, I'd love to read it again, if you wouldn't mind sending it to me.)
Unread 01-14-2007, 05:21 PM

Michael and Lee,

I'd like to read your poems as well. Is NAR one of the journals sometimes carried by B&N? The local branch at Cooper Square carries different poetry journals every month, and I try to get there often and check out as many as I can. Hope to see your poems soon and big Congratulations!

Terese
Unread 01-15-2007, 12:32 PM

More congratulations to you, Terese! Alas, NAR only is available now by subscription. I have this information from poetry editor Vince Gotera. Thanks for being willing to support the magazine by buying one, though. Might the public library have a copy?

Best,
Lee