Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 08-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Paul Stevens

Reflecting the corporately sponsored spirit of our age, the Shit Creek Review has sold out to Sears Roebuck circa 1891, who are now using it as a catalog to sell such useful items as deflorinators and elf cages. Please support Shit Creek Review by ordering one of the many advertised products, none of which are Made in China but which all appear to be sourced from some Alternative Universe.

But there's more! Unobtrusively placed amongst the ads are poems (many by Eratosphereans) which are also sourced from a wide range of Alternative Realities. And just when you thought you were safe, you'll find even more: a juicy prose section with pieces guaranteed to amuse, enlighten or enrage you.

Exhausted after all this conspicuous literary consumption, you will pause to take stock: only to notice the II-Lives logo at the bottom of the SCR cover page. One press of that little purple button and you're suddenly in the subzine SubZone, a whole new underworld of poetry and prose that will seriously challenge your grip on 'Reality'!

The Shit Creek Review #4 is here .

The subzine II is here .

Consume!

[This message has been edited by Paul Stevens (edited August 04, 2007).]
Unread 08-04-2007, 05:08 PM

Paul--

Looks good (though I suspect I have a vested interest in saying so).

Quincy
Unread 08-04-2007, 07:43 PM

Paul has outdone himself here, despite some severe health problems which would have made most of us throw in the towel.

Like Quincy I have a vested interest in this company, but I am humbled to be included in this issue which is one of the most interesting and wide-ranging online assemblies of poetry and thought that I have seen. The witty graphics add to the quality and lack of pretension.

I can't single out individuals because each contribution is arresting and rewarding in its own way.

Thank you

Don Zirilli - Art Editor

Patricia Wallace Jones - Artist on Board

Peter Bloxsom - Coding Consultant

Nigel Holt - Poetry Editor

Paul Stevens - General Editor

It's a pleasure to know you.
Janet
Unread 08-05-2007, 08:12 AM

Great job, you guys. So many goodies.

After all the hard work you've put into this issue, it must be anticlimactic to announce it at a time when the forums are all half-dead. Rest assured your efforts are appreciated!
Unread 08-05-2007, 11:48 AM

Great issue, Paul. Congratulations all. This'll keep me busy ...
Unread 08-05-2007, 02:02 PM

I just want to thank everyone who helped me along the way. You've all been incredibly helpful. Without you, I never would have made it into Shit Creek Review, I feel sure of that. So I'm just incredibly happy and grateful to everyone. Thank you. I'll never forget you. Thanks. I'm really incredibly grateful. And II too. Both incredibly fun and exciting places to be. So reach for the stars everyone! There is an incredibly beautiful place out there, just for you! Keep trying! Keep reaching for the stars! Incredible. Wow.
Unread 08-05-2007, 02:05 PM

Very enjoyable, and I'm savoring it. Congratulations and thank-you, in all appropriate directions, from me as well.

Mark (another unbiased shareholder)
Unread 08-05-2007, 04:06 PM

I own stock in Sears. Is publishing my poem a conflict of interest? Will this come back to haunt me when I run for political office? Guess it's too late now!

Great job, great look. I'm impressed with the volume of good poetry and prose writing in SCR. Kudos to the editors, art directors and all involved.
Unread 08-05-2007, 05:33 PM

It's very good stuff. I've only got round a small section so far, but it's been intelligent and enjoyable. Kudos indeed!
Unread 08-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Paul Stevens

Thanks, fellow-shareholders! The Sears-Roebuck/SCR conglomerate media and retailing empire will alter the face of Poesy forever, and drag it kicking and screaming into the 21st Century, mixing metaphors and corporate values in an unregulated surge of entrepreneurial can-doism!

David, owning stock in SR (far from presenting a confict of interest) will in this exciting new era of globalised poetico-economic rationalism ensure perpetual publication of all your submitted poems in future SR/SCR editions. The only potential glitchette is that New South Wales' Independent Commission Against Corruption has expressed an intention to audit our activities; but SCR's board is confident that a few well-placed sweeteners in the form of offers to publish key ICAC members' poems will soon resolve that issue to shareholders' satisfaction.