Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 12-17-2007, 07:40 PM

Here is the link:

www.lucidrhythms.com

David

Unread 12-17-2007, 07:59 PM

I've read three poems so far, at random, and loved them all, especially "Hanging the Wreath." Looks like a great issue!

-Christine
Unread 12-20-2007, 11:10 AM

It is very beautifully produced.
I don't know what criteria for inclusion is employed, I know even less about the ethics of criticizing ezines, I know that the convention heretofore is to lavishly praise everything that has appeared in them, that being said, there are some excellent poems here, but quite a few less so.

Jim
Unread 12-20-2007, 12:30 PM

Of course reactons will vary and editorial choices cater somewhat to the tastes of the editor, but I think the poems in this issue lie within a spectrum of excellence, though they may occupy different bands with it and different levels on the poetic food chain.

Cheers,

David

[This message has been edited by David Landrum (edited December 20, 2007).]
Unread 12-20-2007, 09:45 PM

Well, I enjoyed the issue, though of course there were some poems I didn't like. That's also true of every issue of Poetry I've ever read. I especially enjoyed Gail White's Christmas poem, and thought Peter's poem about languages was fascinating.

That one about the kinky guys, though...how unseemly! Shame on you for publishing such filth.
Unread 12-21-2007, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rose Kelleher:
Well, I enjoyed the issue, though of course there were some poems I didn't like. That's also true of every issue of Poetry I've ever read. I especially enjoyed Gail White's Christmas poem, and thought Peter's poem about languages was fascinating.

That one about the kinky guys, though...how unseemly! Shame on you for publishing such filth.
Yes, I should never have put that poem in a good, wholesome, family-values-oriented zine--but, alas, too late to change it!

DWL
Unread 12-21-2007, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David Landrum:
Of course reactons will vary and editorial choices cater somewhat to the tastes of the editor, but I think the poems in this issue lie within a spectrum of excellence, though they may occupy different bands with it and different levels on the poetic food chain.

Cheers,

David

I am certain I was the lowest poet on the food chain in this issue...and thrilled to be there among many fine poets I admire, read daily. Surely, you all remember your first acceptances, ones that truly made your day. This one made mine. I love most responding to your poems with art...but it sure was fun to have a poem accepted. Thank you, David. It will always be a fine issue in my book. : )

Pat
Unread 12-22-2007, 07:30 PM

Pat,
Your poem is so like a poem written by a late friend. He was an incredible linguist and one of the Navajo Whisperers in the CIA who used the Navajo language in WW2 to fool the Japanese and Germans. He persuaded me to take my own work seriously and so I love your graceful poem for that reason as well as for its own sake. The dear dead is a magic and comforting idea.
Janet
Unread 12-28-2007, 03:34 AM

Yes, there are some fine poems here and others less so, as Jim says.

But am I the only one who sees the poems all squashed up on a narrow strip on the right-hand size of the page? Is there a reason why Gail's poem "Christmas on Rhodes" takes up 38 lines, although it is, I realise when I read it aloud, a sonnet?

Can someone tell me how to see these poems with correct lineation? I'm using a Mac and I've tried with Safari and Explorer, but the result is the same.

Unread 12-28-2007, 05:45 AM

Greg -

It must be a MAC problem.

Anne