Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 04-21-2002, 06:34 PM

Goddess

The results for The Tipsy Muse Poetry Contest, Event V are in from our distinguished judge, Gail White! Read all about it at here at the awards page.

In brief --
<hr>

Thank you all, participants and commentators for generating that Event V animal passion Event that our Judge was looking for.

Congratulations to our Tipsy Muse Poetry Contest event V grand prize winner, whose sonnet drew raves from our distinguished judge:

John Beaton

And, our three honorable mention winners, in the order selected by our Judge:

1. Nigel Holt
2. "sam"
3. "Sharon"

To winning members, "sam" and "Sharon" using handles or abbreviations, please send me your full/real names to the 'Administrator' so that the awards page can be updated with the proper information.

Congratulations again. Well done!

- Tipsy
<hr>

... and, all the Tipsy details are here, at The Tipsy Muse Hall of Light!

Note: The next topic is now up here, at the contest introductory pages .

The Distinguished Judge for the Tipsy Muse Poetry Contest Event VI is Thomas Carper. Feel free to visit his Able Muse pages here .

As always, please, please, only submit entries that follow the stated topic guidelines and verseform, or, risk your entry being rejected, with absolutely no chance of re-entry until the next event!

--Tipsy

Unread 04-23-2002, 03:34 AM

A hearty congratulations to the winners. I was especially pleased to see my two personal favorites go 1-2. Pom poms waving madly as the crowd roars its approval.

Tom
Unread 04-23-2002, 11:06 AM

Those are deinitely the two poems Tom mentioned before the results were announced, so maybe there are some objective aspects to the quality of poetry after all.

Congratulations to the winners! Once again, the Tipsy Muse contest has yielded not just winners by default, but winners who wrote some genuinely charming poems.
Unread 04-26-2002, 05:31 PM
Able Muse/Eratosphere Sponsor Appreciation!

Thanks, Tom and Roger. Thanks, too to you, Gail, for the difficult task of judging.

This was a very pleasant surprise. My congratulations go to Sam and Sharon also, and especially to Nigel. I can still hear "the roar in his regions".

Seeing this announcement makes me appreciate my name-change from "Porridgeface".

John
Unread 04-28-2002, 03:26 AM

Oh, doh!

I've been looking at the Tipsy Muse thread for nearly a week to see if anyone would congratulate John - and the thread was here all the time...

John, a superb sonnet and the worthy winner of the competition (mutter...must pay more next time...mutter).

Thanks to Gale for putting me second, which I still don't really believe - I even wondered whether it was good enough to enter. That is one advantage of an anonymous competition - only the Muse knows who you really are!

Congratulations also to Sam and Sharon.

Thanks Tom, and Bob for the kind words, and to Alex for putting up the remarkable prize of $2000 for second place. I'll send you my Swiss bank account number by courier.

Nigel
Unread 04-28-2002, 07:58 PM

John and Nigel, great to see two of my favorite tipsy poets share the lime (with gin) light. Neatly done and I look forward to the movie: Beerwulf Baits Troutman.

Cheers,

------------------
Ralph
Unread 04-30-2002, 12:53 AM

First time I've gotten back over here in a few days. Congratulations, John, Nigel, and Sam! This was a fun topic and I enjoyed the other entries.

Best,
Sharon
Unread 05-01-2002, 10:05 PM

Congratulations John, Nigel, Sam & Sharon.

Well done all! To be honest, Sam got the most chuckles out of me, not that that detracts from the quality of anyone else's work of course!

Terese
Unread 05-20-2002, 06:03 AM

I just read them---all very good! Congratulations!

The goose one was funny and good. Thanks for the chuckle.

Greg