Eratosphere Forums - Metrical Poetry, Free Verse, Fiction, Art, Critique, Discussions Able Muse - a review of poetry, prose and art

Forum Left Top

Notices

Unread 01-31-2002, 09:15 PM

Dear David:

I don't know if this question has been asked of you as yet, but when will your Greek Island memoir be published? I read an excerpt (in the Hudson?) and liked it a lot.

Wade Newman
Unread 02-02-2002, 07:44 AM
Honorary Poet Lariat

Bless you a thousand times for asking, Wade. I published three portions of the book in various places, and will have a letter from Turkey in next summer's Hudson Review, but despaired of finishing the book when I took on the world's biggest anthologies for McGraw-Hill, which I'm doing with Dana Gioia and Meg Schoerke. Now they're damned near done and my teaching load's a tad lighter for two years and I'm going great guns on the Greek book. I'm well over a hundred pages into it. Trying not to think about publication quite yet, though I'm interested in seeing if I can find a commercial publisher for it and crank my career up a notch. Who knows? Anyway, I feel that it's ripe for the writing now and it's going well. Good to hear from you. I'm basically signing off this site for a while, though I'll check in when Mr. Wilbur's lariat answers appear. I've enjoyed this.
Dave

PS--Just noticed in Tim's note that Paul Lake and Dick Davis will precede Dick Wilbur, so I'll also check in to see what those two say as well.