Latest News: Kindle Edition, New Reviews and Features, Updates
ABLE MUSE, KINDLE EDITION
- Now vailable as a Kindle digital book from ABLE MUSE, Print Edition (Number 11, Summer 2011) - Go to Able Muse Press for details. Or, order from Amazon.
NEW FEATURES / REVIEWS
- Now featured on Ted Kooser's American Life In Poetry column -- "Our Lady of Perpetual Help" by April Lindner, from the ABLE MUSE ANTHOLOGY here. (after today, it will be archived here.)
- A review of ABLE MUSE, Inaugural Print Edition, by Newpages can be read here.
- Recently completed: Repeating French Forms with Distinguished Guest, BRUCE BENNETT; hosted by SUSAN MCLEAN -- see Able Muse/EratosphereDistinguished Guest forum)
- Coming Soon (starting June 25 on): Translation Bake-Off Event with Distinguished Guest, A.M. JUSTER; hosted by ADAM ELGAR, at Able Muse/Eratosphere Distinguished Guest Forum.
Able Muse - Submissions are read year-round, however, to appear in the forthcoming Winter 2011 issues, your poems, fictions, essays, book reviews, art and photograpy must be received by August 31, 2011. Anything received after that date will be considered for later issues only. Read guidelines and submit here.
Able Muse Press - The yearly, general manuscript reading period has been opened since May 1, and will be closing July 15, 2011. So, there's still time to get your poetry or fiction manuscripts over the transom. Details here.
AFTER WEST CHESTER
Thanks to all the participants who helped to make the Able Muse achieve a successful Able Muse and Able Muse Press events at this year's West Chester University Poetry Conference:
1. Able Muse Anthology Panel with Leslie Monsour (chair), Kevin Durkin, Julie Kane, A.E. Stallings, and yours truly
2. First Books Panel for Grasshopper a wonderful reading of Margaret Griffiths by Michael Cantor (with some pre-recorded assistance from Ann Drysdale).
3. First Books Panel for Lines of Flight, with an excellent presentation and reading by Catherine Chandler.
4. Also available:
- Nevertheless by Wendy Videlock . . . (although they couldn't be at this year's WCU panel, don't count them out for next year!)
- Able Muse, - Inaugural Print Edition (Number 10, Winter 2010)
- Able Muse, - Print Edition (Number 11, Summer 2011)