Eratosphere

Eratosphere (https://www.ablemuse.com/erato/index.php)
-   General Announcements (https://www.ablemuse.com/erato/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" Tour 2017 (https://www.ablemuse.com/erato/showthread.php?t=28593)

Aaron Poochigian 09-26-2017 09:05 PM

The "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" Tour 2017

Hey, San Fran, LA and NYC, I'd love to see you out. Here it is,

The “No Sleep Till Brooklyn” Tour 2017

9/28 Fresno, CA. Remix Reading Series. 8pm. Tokyo Gardens 8 PM, Tokyo Gardens, 1711 Fulton St.

10/17 San Francisco, CA. The Bindery Presents, 7:30 pm, The Bindery, 1727 Haight St, with Zoe Brezsny: https://www.facebook.com/events/109114696457153/

10/19 Fresno, CA. Fresno State Reading Series, 6pm.

10/29 Los Angeles, CA. Windows Series, 4pm. A. G. Geiger Fine Art Books, 502 Chung King Ct. $10.

11/5 San Francisco, CA. Bazaar Writers Salon, 6pm. Bazaar Café, 5927 California St.

11/8 New York, NY. At the Inkwell Series, 7pm. KGB Bar, 85 E 4th St.

12/10 New York, NY. Dead Rabbits Reading Series, 8pm. DTUT, 91st St and 2nd Ave.

Andrew Szilvasy 09-27-2017 09:46 AM

Looks like an awesome tour. I wish I were in NYC to see it.

Any chance you'll make it up to the Boston area?

Aaron Poochigian 09-27-2017 12:40 PM

Love to add a stop in Boston. Any series you would recommend, Andrew? I don't know the scene.

Andrew Frisardi 09-27-2017 12:47 PM

Congratulations, Aaron. Sounds awesome. Any video or audio forthcoming eventually from the readings?

Aaron Poochigian 09-27-2017 02:48 PM

I hope to have a video trailer for the book soon, and I will link to footage of the readings after they take place. Trust me--I'm not shy.

John Isbell 09-27-2017 02:52 PM

Congratulations, Aaron, it sounds great!

In Boston, if in doubt, you might reach out to the Grolier Poetry Bookshop in Harvard Square:

Grolier Poetry Book Shop Front Page
www.grolierpoetrybookshop.org/

I bought William McGonagall's Collected Poems there.

Cheers,
John

Andrew Szilvasy 09-27-2017 04:45 PM

Sadly, I can't say I "know the scene" well either. I've never really given a reading, and haven't had the chance to go to many outside of a few places and college venues you probably have to book long in advance.

John's recommendation is a good one; I've been to a reading at Brookline Booksmith as well that was good. I have a friend who does readings about town, and I'll let you know when she gets back to me.

Allen Tice 09-27-2017 04:53 PM

A consequence of having a "belle" as my wife (see posts # 9 & 10 here) and married daughters is that scheduling is hard to foresee. I am familiar with the most scarlet KGB venue (let's all sing about the Volga boatmen now), though not yet with the other uptown. I will hope for the best.

Mark McDonnell 09-27-2017 05:19 PM

Any chance you're swinging by the sleepy market town of Leek in Staffordshire? If so, I'll definitely pencil it in, weather permitting. We don't really have a 'scene', though we do have scenery. And we don't have a poetry bookshop where people give readings, but we do have an Oxfam shop where people have been known to mumble in tongues.

Seriously though, good luck with it...;)

Aaron Poochigian 09-28-2017 10:06 AM

Thank you, John and Andrew S., I will check out the bookstores you suggest. Yes, Boston. It’s time. I have only read there once, I believe for the New England Poetry Society. I will scope out poetry venues and try to set something up for early 2018.

Allen, I would love to see you at the KGB. We could talk Sappho in any one of the four dark corners of the bar. It’s something about the wood in that room—it resonates well with my voice. I would love to meet your belle as well.

Mark, I would love to read in Leek. A quick search has revealed that it is on the charmingly named river Churnet near the mysterioso Blackshaw moor (where the “Hound of the Baskervilles” is set?). Yes, a European tour. I’ll see what I can do. Best,

Aaron