Eratosphere

Eratosphere (https://www.ablemuse.com/erato/index.php)
-   General Talk (https://www.ablemuse.com/erato/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The Sphere Needs Your Help (https://www.ablemuse.com/erato/showthread.php?t=28699)

Michael Cantor 10-19-2017 09:11 PM

The Sphere Needs Your Help

So many of us regard the Sphere as an important part of their poetic life - and it doesn't come free. There are regular operating and update costs. Alex does a tremendous job at maintaining the Sphere and providing it to the rest of us as a reliable service - but there's a cost involved - and he's not very comfortable with money raising. So let me ask for him. If you use the Sphere, and can afford it, this would be a good time to donate. Details here. And thanks.

Ed Shacklee 10-20-2017 12:12 AM

Done! Thank you for the nudge, Michael.

Best,

Ed

John Isbell 10-20-2017 01:09 AM

I assume I donated - I entered all my details, plus amount, and clicked submit, and got sent to the Able Muse homepage without email confirmation. Would be happy to donate again if this didn't go through.

Cheers,
John

Update: the email just came through. :-)

Ann Drysdale 10-20-2017 06:31 AM

Oh, the problem rears its head again. I cheerfully went to donate a small amount and couldn't. I only have UK cheques, the cashing of which would cost more than I could donate and I can't use the We-Pay thingy because I haven't got a credit card.

I do have a PayPal account, though, but, as ever, when I click on PayPal it takes me to We-Pay. I thought this might be different now but apparently not.

What happened last time was that I sent money to Jayne who passed it on to Alex. I hesitate to ask her again, so is there anyone else who can a) pay with a credit card and b) receive money via PayPal?

(It doesn't have to be a fellow-Brit; PayPal converts currencies.)

Michael F 10-20-2017 08:38 AM

Annie, I have a PP account, but I have only sent funds by it. I'm such a fool on these things -- I don't know if there's something I need to click or flick or massage to be able to reverse the usual flow?

Ann Drysdale 10-20-2017 10:14 AM

When I send money to people, I just send it to their email address and then it gets added to their account. Are you sending money to Alex anyway? If so, you could PM me your email address (the one you send from, the one that's "attached" to your PayPal account) and I'll have a go at sending a small donation for you to add to yours.

Michael F 10-20-2017 10:24 AM

Yes. My deets coming to you anon. I'll send for us both, if the Muse so wills...

Ann Drysdale 10-20-2017 10:39 AM

Well, it's left here and it's coming your way...

Terese Coe 10-20-2017 02:24 PM

Thanks, Michael. I prefer to send by check, so will ask if Alex's address is still the same.

Alex Pepple 10-20-2017 02:50 PM

Thank you, Michael, for making this post! And thank you for your sponsorship, Terese, Michael F., John, Ed, and Michael C. And Anne, you may try the Paypal address of submission AT ablemuse DOT com.

Cheers,
...Alex