Eratosphere

Eratosphere (https://www.ablemuse.com/erato/index.php)
-   The Accomplished Members (https://www.ablemuse.com/erato/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Robert Frost Farm (https://www.ablemuse.com/erato/showthread.php?t=34271)

Chris O'Carroll 06-27-2022 07:57 AM

Robert Frost Farm

This will be of interest primarily to people in the Northeast, more specifically to those within hailing distance of Derry, NH.

On July 14, I'll be appearing as the featured reader in the Hyla Brook Reading Series at the Robert Frost Farm. Midge Goldberg (many of you know how good she is) will be the Hyla Brook poet reading that evening. She'll open the show at 6:30 p.m., I'll go on at 7:00, and there will be a 7:30 open mic. Admission is free.

John Isbell 06-27-2022 11:40 AM

Bastille Day! Congratulations and have a wonderful reading!

Cheers,
John

Catherine Chandler 06-29-2022 09:14 AM

Chris,

I wish I could be there for your Hyla Brook poetry reading and, indeed, to attend the conference later on in August (I had been invited to conduct a workshop but, because I'm still waiting for news about my knee surgery, I unfortunately had to decline.) I'm sure the evening will be wonderful, and I wish you, Midge, and the open-mic participants an appreciative audience.

Chris O'Carroll 07-04-2022 07:30 AM

Thank you, John. Thank you, Cathy.

Susan McLean 07-04-2022 08:52 AM

I am sorry that I won't be able to attend. I hope you and Midge have a lovely reading.

Susan

Chris O'Carroll 07-04-2022 10:24 AM

Thank you, Susan. The last time Midge and I read together was via Zoom for the Newburyport Literary Festival. It will be a pleasure to do this one in person.

Siham Karami 07-08-2022 02:44 PM

Congrats, Chris! Wish I could be there — it definitely sounds like a wonderful reading.

Chris O'Carroll 07-09-2022 12:39 PM

Thanks Siham. Although there's a special magic to in-person readings, I find myself at moments like this feeling nostalgic for all those pandemic-era Zoom readings that friends could attend from umpteen miles away.

Sarah-Jane Crowson 07-09-2022 01:33 PM

It sounds great!

On the zoom/live issue - I was volunteering at a Ledbury Poetry Festival reading today and they somehow managed to have a live zoom stream at the same time as the live event. Same price for both tickets. If helpful I can probably find out how they set this up technically.

Sarah-Jane

Chris O'Carroll 07-09-2022 04:11 PM

That's a kind offer, Sarah-Jane. Thank you. I had seen that some Ledbury events were offered in both formats. Hope you had fun with your volunteer contribution there.

When I emailed the Frost Farm people to find out whether there would be a Zoom component or YouTube recording of this reading, it was pretty clear that they were not up for that at the moment. One of their organizers has handled the Zoom option for in-person Powow River Poets readings, so she would be able to set things up if they decided to make the change.