Eratosphere

Eratosphere (https://www.ablemuse.com/erato/index.php)
-   General Announcements (https://www.ablemuse.com/erato/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Book Launch: Carmel, CA, June 9; Reading June 10 (https://www.ablemuse.com/erato/showthread.php?t=29441)

Simon Hunt 04-10-2018 04:35 PM

Book Launch: Carmel, CA, June 9; Reading June 10

Dear Friends--

I hope those of you within striking distance of California's Central Coast might consider attending one of the following (hell, make a weekend of it!):

1) The official launch party and reading for my first book of poems, Lesser Magi (Hummingbird Press, 2018), at The Lab (in The Barnyard Shopping Center), Carmel, California--June 9 at 5 p.m. The suggested donation (for the venue) will be $5, but nobody who wants to attend will be turned away for lack of funds or unwillingness to donate. Refreshments will be provided, and books will be for sale ($15). I'll read for a bit and sign for anybody who asks. Done by 6:30, I should think.

2) A reading the following day, June 10, at 2 p.m. in Monterey, at Old Capitol Books: Simon Hunt and Stephen Kessler. Suggested Donation: $5 again. We each read for about half an hour.

I'll bump this thread in a month's time to provide the addresses...

All best, and--as ever--my thanks for this community.

--Simon

Aaron Poochigian 04-11-2018 05:24 AM

Ah, lovely Carmel-By-The-Sea. Good luck, Simon!

John Isbell 04-11-2018 06:34 AM

Congratulations, Simon!

Cheers,
John

Simon Hunt 04-11-2018 11:04 AM

Thanks, Guys.

Your NY and TX locations tell me you might not make it, but I live ever in hope of meeting Eratosphere colleagues in person one day...

RCL 04-11-2018 12:20 PM

Great news. The sort of thing to do more often!

Simon Hunt 05-09-2018 11:33 AM

So who's coming?

These events are now a month away, so--as I said I would--I'm posting the addresses.

The Saturday Book launch is at 5 at the Lab in Carmel. Pasting-in: The Lab is located in the Barnyard shopping center in Carmel, at the intersection of Rio Rd. and Highway 1. That's 3728 the Barnyard, Suite G-23; second floor, above Carmel Valley Roasters and across from Sur restaurant. Take Hwy 1 South and turn left onto Carmel Valley Rd. Turn right on Carmel Rancho Blvd. Turn right at Carmel Rancho Ln., and drive one block to the Barnyard parking area. Parking is always abundant and FREE!

The Sunday Hunt/Kessler reading is at 2 at Old Capitol Books in Monterey. Pasting-in: 559 Tyler Street, Monterey
California 93940
831-333-0383

See you there?

See Accomplished Members thread if you can't make it but would like to buy the book direct from me.

Simon Hunt 05-26-2018 02:10 PM

Two weeks to go, Folks.

You know this sounds like more fun than whatever you had planned...

See you there!

Simon Hunt 06-03-2018 07:04 PM

Less than a week... Last bump from me... You know you want to.