View Single Post
Unread 03-01-2024, 07:35 PM

Hi Nemo and Susan,

There is no more. With quite a Nod to Eliot, between the Anticipation and the Actuality falls the shadow. Anticipation is rarely satisfied it is a land of wonder and wondering and wonderfully malleable. This is Damnation, Anticipation and Defiance.

The opening strophe is the hyperbole of the mediocre thundering from the pulpit together with virtually xenophobic damning of the different.

The ending is the Opposition Defiance delight of youth The thought of wickedness enough, knowing it was bad was good

Hi John,

Despite the 'pricking of thumbs' being first you are right the title is owed to Bradbury.

Hi Joe,

My early youth was in Nottinghamshire. I remember responding to my mother when she asked where my friends and I were going "Ussens gooin t'wake a' Rec." Considering I was brought up on RP this did not go down well lol.

I know in 'Gormless...' I belaboured the point by using a trochee as well as the alliteration I am loath to change but will count my eggs. However you are right with 'Frissoned' Thank you. I have used 'Shivered' instead which is far, far better.

I am so pleased it resonated.

Thank you Michael needless to say I agree with you *smile*

I am unsure Julie I played with it a bit and think I will stay with the format at this stage.

Hi Mignon,

Please see my rationale in my response to Susan and Nemo.