Originally Posted by Aaron Novick
– put the finishing touches on the first full draft of my dissertation (introduction, conclusion, acknowledgments and all)
– found out that a paper of mine was substantially cited in a major reference work in my field
– had a poem accepted for publication in Antiphon, my first acceptance in 14 months
– learned that one of my good friends passed his dissertation defense
– bought Emily Wilson's new translation of the Odyssey.
One could say I'm happy.
And all this happened after having a few drinks with me? Correlation does not prove causation, but, I mean, come on. I don't want to take all the credit for what looks like an awesome day, but we did talk about the Aeneid