View Single Post
Unread 07-17-2019, 10:21 AM

Yep. My god, what an absolute dick.

And how utterly dishonest and cowardly to not even include this, the actual tweet that is the focus of the anger, where Trump straightforwardly tells these four American born congresswomen (apart from one who has lived there from age 12, I think?) to ‘go back to where they came from’. Racism doesn't get much plainer.

Quote:
So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly....and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came.
Instead, this guy tries to paint it like Trump was just doing the old belligerent, right wing ‘love it or leave it’ thing.

I think Trump should be made go back to Scotland to see if he can fix the social problems of Govan or Drumchapel in Glasgow. And if he can't do it in 6 weeks the Scots are allowed to put him in a sack and chuck him in the Clyde.

Also, I don’t know what conclusions to draw, but Roger Kimball’s smug smile (in that hideous caricature) is virtually identical to Nigel Farage’s.