View Single Post
Unread 02-01-2017, 10:43 AM

Cool piece/concept. I like the idea about video tape as hair.

In terms of title, a few metaphorical interpretations of your piece struck me:

- something about small cells composing our body; and also how we regenerate these cells ever seven years or so.

- something about the smaller pieces that compose our identity (family, culture, media, experience, etc)

- something political about how the nation is composed of individuals (i.e. mosaic vs. melting pot; Whitman's "Leaves of Grass"); don't know if you want to go there given the current political climate, but if you're so inclined, you've got something here. It doesn't have to be as blunt as making her the Statue of Liberty composed of smaller units/people, but something subtler might get the point across.

- a word or phrase that envelops or sums up all of these interpretations.

Looking back, I can see that my title suggestions all want you to put something on the hole-punches: maybe something personal, maybe something cultural, maybe something political, but all about the smaller pieces whose sum is our identity. For instance, holes punched from "beauty magazine" if you wanted to comment on the social construction gender identity.

Another idea is from Foucault's take on "identity": http://www.theory.org.uk/ctr-fou1.htm

Anyway, I like your picture.

Last edited by Frank Candeloro; 02-01-2017 at 10:47 AM.