Thread: What's Yours?
View Single Post
Unread 10-24-2020, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Steiner View Post
Ooooh, I've sung every one of those, Martin, and adore them all! Good memories. I imagine you've played percussion for them all?
I envy you, Julie! I've played Bernstein's Chichester Psalms numerous times, and many of the percussion parts including the chamber version (arranged for organ, harp, percussion, and choir). I haven't played Symphony of Psalms or Faure's Requiem. But I love them both! (I have, however, played other pieces by Stravinsky, like The Rite of Spring, The Firebird, Pulcinella, and others.)

I've just added a link to a wonderful performance of the Stravinsky performed by L'Orchestre national de France in my previous post. I am right now listening to it.

I'm going to check out your links to the redux of "Simple Song" followed by the "Secret." Thanks!

Added in: Here is a quote I just read:

Quote:
“The point is, art never stopped a war and never got anybody a job. That was never its function. Art cannot change events. But it can change people. It can affect people so that they are changed... because people are changed by art – enriched, ennobled, encouraged – they then act in a way that may affect the course of events... by the way they vote, they behave, the way they think.” ―Leonard Bernstein

Last edited by Martin Elster; 10-25-2020 at 03:33 PM.