View Single Post
Unread 12-19-2017, 04:58 AM

Gregory, thank you kindly for your direction and advice. I have found the book on Amazon's used bookstore for $286. *sigh* I'm not sure Santa will be quite so munificent this year, so I may have to cobble together some version of my own.

John, I appreciate your comments. Blake figured in my mind, too. Though he is one of my favorite poets, I find slogging through his mythology a bit too thick for my machete. I do love the accounts of his life from visitors and friends, and his artwork. And, while I agree that GKC's brush was too broad, if we expand 'madness' to include the conclusions of their systems of thought, as I did, I think there is a kernel of truth to the observation, though I need to refine that thought.

I think Gregory is entirely right about GKC's wit. I thought the quote I began with sparkles with wit, and GKC seems able to toss such lines off like a prince tosses coins to beggars at his gate. It makes reading him very entertaining, even when I can't agree with what he says.