View Single Post
Unread 03-25-2020, 07:07 AM

x
What is the intelligent response to such nuked-brain death mongering? Engage them? Ignore them? Ridicule them? Disarm them with reality? No anger, no seething, scathing retort will do any good. Let it be. Anyway, it’s the man not not the mag that should be targeted. His dangerous stupidity will go away. Their numbers, slowly, shrink, I think.

Social media’s potential to democratize the world is at present a double-edged sword that can be at least dulled on one edge by taking advantage of moments like this to expose examples of their stupidity and how it leads to death. Here’s one such example.

Roger, Mark, Thanks for the warning about paragraph 4 — Otherwise, I would not have made it to paragraph 6 which is where the whole argument falls apart into false narrative. Unless the social distancing being practiced encouraged/mandated by local, state and federal leaders becomes permanent new norm, when eased as the threat recedes, is mostly likely to release a pent-up demand for, appreciation of, and a more intelligent and sober way of physically interacting as a society. Things will not be the same, but not because of any damage done to our social fabric (it is always being torn and repaired. We wear a shabby coat), but because things will be better. [Deleted]

(Btw, Trump is essentially in concert with this article. His premise/twit-mantra is, “We don’t want the cure to be worse than the disease.” and, “We can do two things at once.” (where's the 'don't throw out the baby with the bathwater'?) It's persuasive to those who can’t think on their own and need someone to lead them through their narrow, bigoted views. A madman (see paragraph 2)is all he has ever been. Straight out of the ‘50’s. It still works, though not for much longer… vote.

Btw, I don’t think you’d hear Pope Francis endorsing this kind of trash.
x
x

Last edited by Jim Moonan; 03-25-2020 at 11:11 AM.